Re: How to find which serial port is assigned to the attached device [fc13]

On Thursday 10 March 2011 03:03 PM, JB wrote:
> Jatin K<ssh.fedora<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I've attached a USB to serial converter on my laptop's USB port.
>>
>> question is how do I find which serial port is assigned to my device (
>> the converter ) ??
>>
>> Thanks&  Regards
>>
> Does it not tell you ?
> $ lsusb
> $ lsusb -v
>
> JB

here[1] is the output of lsusb -v ( when the converter is connected ) ...

after running lsusb -v  I got the chip name which is CP210x Composite
device  on line number 98... but I'm not able to find which serial port
is assigned to it  or on which serial port I need to use to send the
command to that device  like com1, com2  and so on

is it possible for you to go through it and tell me the serial port
assigned to my converter ??

[1] http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1143049

--
   °v°