Re: Where can I find a functional nslookup? ***AIX 6.11 is no better ***

Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 02/27/2011 08:30 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> These people not only don't pay for good advice, they won't even take it for
>> free in many cases.
>>
> Good luck to you.  No matter what direction you take, the chances are
> sometime in the future the situation will become totally untenable.
> I've seen that happen when it was no longer possible to compile old code
> due to the library dependencies also becoming obsolete.

That is at least likely to remain solved, perl isn't going to be a problem using
the current library calls, and old binaries work just fine linked static.
There's a program (statify IIRC) which converts dynamic linked programs to
(large and ugly) static executable images.

Hopefully the economy will get better, and when they have to go to AIX 6.x they
will either change away from nslookup or pay for one in perl. It actually isn't
that awful a job, I suspect.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>