Fedora 14 - can't change pointer theme

   I updated from Fedora 12 to Fedora 14 over the weekend, and now I can't
change my pointer theme.  I'm stuck using dmz-aa.

   The pointer preferences still show my custom pointer choice, it's just
not being used.  Well, mostly.  Within Firefox and Thunderbird windows, my
custom pointer is showing up.  But window borders, the desktop and most apps
only show the dmz-aa pointer.

   I can't find a ref. to dmx under ~/.gconf (but I can find my custom
pointer selection: /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_theme I think).

   Any ideas where to look?  I've seen mention of this elsewhere, but only
WRT compiz (I use openbox), and it involved changing the system default,
which I don't want to have to do.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature