Re: Trouble Installing Fedora 14 on VMware 7.1.3

On 02/20/2011 08:08 PM, David Lehman wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 06:12 -0700, Chris Kottaridis wrote:
>> I have VMWorkstation 7.1.3 installed on my Windows 7 box and a Fedora
>> Core 14 box. When I try to create a VM machine and install Fedora 14
>> X86_64 I get the following error:
>>
>>> The following problem occurred on line 65 of kickstart file:
>>>
>>> Section does not end with %%end
>
> This error is coming from the kickstart parser. Your kickstart
> configuration script contains syntax that is not valid in Fedora 14.
>
> Perhaps your other F14 installs were not kickstart installs?
>
> At any rate, your kickstart needs a little update. Edit your kickstart
> script with a text editor and put a %end at the end of your %packages
> section and also at the end of any %pre or %post scripts. Then it'll run
> without the above error.

AFAIK, VMware Workstation 7 / Player 3 have a feature named "Easy
Install" when the "New VM Wizard" detect Fedora, it insert a second CD
into the VM which have a kickstart containing the settings used in the
Wizard but unfortunately the generated kickstart have a syntax error.

The solution is to choose "Install system later" and then insert the
Fedora ISO/CD/DVD

PS.
In my experience only Windows guest can be installed with "Easy
Install", BTW now I'm running KVM, only my laptop run VMware Player 3 on
Fedora 14 (no VT).

HTH

--
Athmane Madjoudj