Qn about rsnapshot/rsync directory filter rules

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup my backups using rsnapshot. I have a rather large
and frequently changing /home/<user>/ that I want to backup. I don't
want to backup the frequently changing directories (e.g. my downalods
directory or temporary work directory). In other words I wanted to
rsnapshot to backup _only_ the directories/files explicitly specified
and skip everythign else.

So I created a file ~/.rsync-filter with include rules like these,

include_/.config/**
include_/dir1/**
include_/.gitconfig
include_/.gitignore
include_/.gitk
include_/dir2/**

Now say I have other files and direcotries like,

~/.oldconfig/
~/dir2_i_dont_want/
~/dir3_i_dont_want/

Calling rsync with -F works but it also backs up the other unwanted
directory and files. How do I exclude them? The problem is I can't write
explicit exclude rules as that would need to be updated every time
something new is created (as I want rsnapshot to _not_ backup anything
by default).

I tried exclude_/* at the end of the filter rules, that made rsnapshot
skip the explicitly mentioned includes like,

include_/dir1/**
include_/dir2/**

The hidden files were backed up just fine though. Any ways of doing what
I want?

--
Suvayu