Re: DBUS, xhost, etc: remote control of amarok

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 16:37 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:02:18 -0700
> Greg Woods wrote:
>
> > Anybody been able to make
> > something like this work?
>
> I haven't tried it, but there will probably be an environment variable
> named DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in the X session where amarok is running.
> You need to have the same contents for that variable in the ssh session
> where you try to run your dbus command (I'd imagine, anyway).

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and it didn't help. Even if
it did, my script being run via ssh would have had no way of knowing
what the correct value of this variable should be. I hard coded it for
the test, but next time, after a new login, it could be different.

--Greg