Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On 02/09/2011 01:31 PM, les wrote:
<>
> You understand it correctly.  Once I changed user.js to the page I
> wanted, everything was happy.  Maybe I'm a bit dense, but why would one
> want two means to set a preference, when the hidden one overrides the
> normal one?

dank:
 there is questionable logic to;
  "what is going on",
  "what was thought to happen",
  "what was desired to happen".

user.js is read to override what is written in prefs.js.

swag:
  what seems to happen is when prefs.js saves back out, it saves mod.
  with that being case, why not just save in prefs.js to start with?

this is what is supposed to happen when you run

 'edit:config'

this is what is supposed to happen when you

 "edit > preferences > [general]|[advanced], [X close]".

touring the mozilla site and it's 'help', 'definition', 'description',
 'faq', or 'what ever' pages, is to get lost in information.

almost like, "if you can not find it, you do not need it".

when you have a unique problem;
 'must be a bad install.'
 'go ahead and up grade to latest stable.'
 'it does not happen here.'

as is, firefox is well written and given a lot of thought. when thought
does not work as thought, answer/solution is always to up grade.

there are various ways to configure firefox, thru menus, via config:edit,
via add-ons.

some changes work just from close and open. some have required reboot.

iow, software is software, regardless of who wrote it.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.