Re: How to get scancodes from mouse buttons?

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 21:32, Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/14/2011 11:04 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Other than Xev, Xbindkeys, and Showkey, what tools can I use? I
>> specifically bought this mouse because of the location of the two
>> extra keys, as I have a manual disability and cannot use the special
>> keys of regular mice.
>
> Just to double-check.  Does the mouse work under Windows?

I don't know, I don't have a Windows machine!

The mouse does work under Linux, only these two extra multimedia
buttons don't show any scancodes. And they are just the buttons that I
bought the mouse for considering how they are placed in a way that is
convenient for my disability!

> If so, that
> eliminates any questions about hardware issues.  Have you asked the OEM?

The OEM didn't answer back, I wrote to them even before I bought the mouse.

>  They may say that they don't support Linux, but you might be able to
> pry some info out of them by explaining that you're not asking them to
> help you configure it, you just need the tech data so you can do it
> yourself.  (Offering to share how you did it with them might not be a
> bad idea and might even get you more help from them.)
>
> Good luck, and keep us informed.

If I get anywhere, I'll let you know. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com