Re: Where can I find a functional nslookup?

On 13 February 2011 18:03, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
This is Linux (from IBM) going into AIX, in an IBM shop. The chances of IBM
dropping AIX are remote (new major release out last year), and there are apps in
AIX which are not in Linux. So I think the chances are that I will die before
AIX usage does.

If this is IBM supported Linux and you are a sizeable AIX shop you might try asking them for a port of the AIX version of NS Lookup or, in the unlikely event they will let you have it, the code to roll your own.  Failing that, good luck with finding a suitable version of NSlookup code to achieve the same ends - sounds like that is your only way forwards...

The problem I'm troubleshooting is that there is no budget for training people,
no budget for rewriting scripts, and a loud majority which feels that Linux is a
toy OS because it's not "real UNIX" based. That's management as well as workers.

That sounds oh so familiar recently.  You want to try convincing big business & government organisations that, yes, they really ought to be thinking about IPv6 *now*, and not when they need to connect to someone who could only get IPv6 addresses...  Too many ostriches in ICT at the moment....

I ran "yum clean obstructionists" but it didn't work.

Oh, if only... :)

Regards,

--
Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe