Re: "why is my Linux so damn slow?"

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 21:56 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Man, it would be really ironic if after years making fun of Windows
> because it needs defragmenting to run faster, it turns out you have to
> defragment Firefox to keep Linux fast...

Though, that'd be a case of bagging Firefox, not Linux.  Firefox can be
a pig on any computer, especially when preferences are set for long
histories and large caches.  Firefox has to parse it all, and it doesn't
appear to be very efficient at it.

Firefox and Flash are another thing for really sucking up the CPU
cycles.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686