Re: No need for AV tools on Linux, eh?

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Hiisi <hiisi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> China (and Russia, btw) do it in their own interest. So does everybody
>> else.
>
> Could you provide some links?
> TIA
> Hiisi
>        Moscow, Russia

heh heh heh. In the age of the Net, it´s also dangerous to wave
unsubstained accusations :-))))

As if any government has a moral high ground. ;)

---
National Security Council staffer Thomas C. Reed documented the
operation in his book, At the Abyss: An Insider's History of the Cold
War.[2] In 2004, Reed, a former Air Force secretary of the Reagan
administration, wrote that they had added a Trojan horse to equipment
that the Soviet Union obtained from a company in Canada. When the
components were deployed on a Trans-Siberian gas pipeline, the Trojan
horse led to a huge explosion, according to Reed.[3] As Reed
explained, "The pipeline software that was to run the pumps, turbines
and valves was programmed to go haywire, to reset pump speeds and
valve settings to produce pressures far beyond those acceptable to the
pipeline joints and welds. The result was the most monumental
non-nuclear explosion and fire ever seen from space.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage#cite_note-2

ok I guess we´re drifting a bit off-topic here. ;) apologies.
FC

--
"It begins with a blessing
And it ends with a curse;