Re: No need for AV tools on Linux, eh?

On 02/10/2011 05:06 PM, jdow wrote:
> Apparently it is active in the wild now. If a machine is not patched to
> the hilt, which Fedora discourages with updates that make the machine
> unusable once and awhile and upgrades needed several times a year it
> seems, you have problems.
>
> It is an exploit. It attacks Linux machines. That's proof that such
> things exist. If they exist then zero day exploits also exist that
> just have not been discovered yet. Safe is better than sorry.

>From what I read, you have to invoke spamass-milter with the -x flag in
order to be vulnerable.  My configuration does not use the -x flag for
spamass-milter.  Therefore, no exploit for me.

I also check my mail logs for the last 2 months (or so), and I found to
connections from the site in question, and no references to "root+|" in
the logs.  (Should I have seen evidence in the logs?)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxxxxxx