Re: perl on fedora?

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Mike Wright <mike.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> I'm trying to install a perl module without any luck.  Isn't this stuff
>> supposed to work out of the gate?  Is there some sort of fedora / yum
>> way to to this?  Basic instructions for perl either return nothing or a
>> failure message.
>>
>> perl -Mcpan -e shell
>
> It is CPAN, not cpan (case matters).  However, your first step should be
> to see if the module you want is available packaged for Fedora.  You can
> do that from the command-line as root with:
>
>   yum install 'perl(Some::Module)'
>
> If it isn't found, you can then use CPAN to install it.  You may need to
> install the CPAN module first though with:
>
>   yum install 'perl(CPAN)'

@kevin,
@chris

Thank you both.  I now have NetAddr:IP and CPAN and know how to do this
the fedora way.

I guess this is somewhat akin to the way an apache installation is
extended: different builds for each module/option that can then be
added.   Then things can be add from the o/s level rather than having
the users build/compile/etc.

Very cool.  (I do need to find out where all this is doc'd, tho ;)