installation Joomla

Hi,

i'm facing an interesting issue. The whole day i read psots about joomla installation issue with file configuration.php which is not writtable and another issue with directory permissions.
However, everything i tried was unsuccessful and therefore i've decided to write a message in this list to see if someone could help me.

basically when you install joomla on F14, installation checks if configuration.php file iswrittable.
in my case, under F14, it is not writtable even i set chmod 777.
i also tried to change group of owner or owner from root to apache but once again without success (chgrp, chown).
i also trie to setup such things for the whole joomla package of files (site) but once again => unsuccessful.

do you have an idea what could it be ?

thank a lot,
--
Alain