Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:07 +0000, g wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 12:22 AM, les wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 07:12 +0000, g wrote:
> >> On 02/03/2011 10:20 PM, les wrote:
> >> <>

> >> did you read and follow instructions in the 'User.js_file' link?
> >
> > As I recall now, the link said I could remove the User.js file and
> > things would work by the preferences setting.  I will go back and delete
> > the user.js file now.  Still loping along on half a brain here.
>
> yes and no.
>
> yes, you can remove user.js, but i would rename, not remove.
>
> even tho pages say what they do, what is in user.js does not always get
> picked up an put into prefs.js.
>
> tho in your case, you say you did not create user.js, it may not hurt.
>
> either way, to not have user.js not be read, giving it a different name
> so firefox does not read it would be a better option. then if needed,
> you can name back to user.js.
>
> on a curious side, if not deleted, what is in user.js?

I use Southern California Bell, so originally it pointed to
sbc.yahoo.com i.e. "http://www.sbc.yahoo.com";.  SBC seems to have lots
of adware these days, so I wanted to change to use Googles simple search
page, "http://www.google.com";.  Not a big deal, but annoying when I
couldn't get it to change using preferences.

Regards,
Les H