Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On 02/07/2011 12:22 AM, les wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 07:12 +0000, g wrote:
>> On 02/03/2011 10:20 PM, les wrote:
>> <>
>>
>>> I did that as well.  No joy, it only worked when I hand modified the
>>> two .js files.
>>
>> did you read and follow instructions in the 'User.js_file' link?
>
> As I recall now, the link said I could remove the User.js file and
> things would work by the preferences setting.  I will go back and delete
> the user.js file now.  Still loping along on half a brain here.

yes and no.

yes, you can remove user.js, but i would rename, not remove.

even tho pages say what they do, what is in user.js does not always get
picked up an put into prefs.js.

tho in your case, you say you did not create user.js, it may not hurt.

either way, to not have user.js not be read, giving it a different name
so firefox does not read it would be a better option. then if needed,
you can name back to user.js.

on a curious side, if not deleted, what is in user.js?

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.