Re: F14 New Installation: Unknown Monitor

Hi Kevin,

your help worked!
I still do not understand the ins and outs of a monitor,
but the following xorg.conf worked. The
System->Preferences->Monitor tool now offers a reasonable
selection of resolution, including as a maximum the 1280x1024
value I was looking for.
The xorg.conf file that finally did it for me was:
(And FS757 is what is written in my printed docs that came with
the monitor. Maybe the same device was rebranded at some time.)

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "BenQ FS757"
	ModelName    "LCD Panel 1280x1024"
	HorizSync    30-83
	VertRefresh  50-76
	Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth 24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport 0 0
		Depth    24
		Modes    "1280x1024"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

As a side remark, I did not get the monitor recognized under
either SUSE or ubuntu. This is not a Fedora specific issue,
rather an issue with some lower software (driver, Xorg, ...).
I fear someone with less commitment to open software
would have been scared away. Any idea on how to capture
these experiences in some how-to document?

Again, many thanks for all your help.
Burkhard