RE: Installation Impressions

i do believe you have had an unfortunate and rare  occurrence while installing the most advanced linux OS

i have been installing fedora since fedora 8 came out and up until the latest ubuntu came out (10.10) Fedora has been much easier for me personally to install. Usually taking a max of 3 hrs total to to install the os.

methods of installation i have tried:
USB Boot image of fedora 10 - 14 Gnome and kde
Live Image of fedora 8 - 14 Gnome, kde and lxde
Dvd image of Fedora 9 - 14 Gnome and Kde

Current system:
Phenom II X4 945 clock: 3.06Ghz
G.Skill 8gb ddr2 pc 8500 1066mhz (4 * 2gb)
ATI HD 4670 512mb ddr5 pci-e16x
HDD1 Sata3gb  320gb WD |Partitions: 4; Windows 7 ultimate 64; Fedora 14; JULinux8Stable
HDD2 Sata3gb 1tb WD |Partitions: 1;ntfs formatted storage
HDD3 Sata3gb 1tb WD |Partitions: 1;ntfs formatted storage
HDD4 Sata6gb 1tb WD |Partitions: 1;ntfs formatted storage
ASUS 21.5in HD LCD Monitor
ASUS 21.5in HD LCD Monitor
ASUS N Wifi pci-e1x
ASUS BT USB Doggle
ASUS CD/DVD Combo Burner
ASUS M4A78-EM Motherboard
Antec 650 Earthwatts PSU
Xigmatec Utgard mesh case
Next 5 fan controller
Next 5 fan controller
Logitech Trackman wired mouse
Microsoft/Razor Recluse keyboard
Planar 21.5in touchpanel monitor ( touch keyboard interface i designed) :P

the main drive hosting the operating systems hosts 3 different operating systems but each operating system are optimized and tweaked to emulate the same full functionality and compatability that the windows 7 ultimate offers.

Note: Julinux is based on Ubuntu

i'd advise getting a usb drive and visiting fedoras documentation pages to get the app specifically for making fedora usb images to get through your difficulties with ease.