Re: Installation Impressions

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:19:03 -0600 Thomas Paine <painethom@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Honestly fedora is going to give you more trouble. I would install centos if you want an rpm based install. It will save you headache when you get to the pulse audio issues if you stay away from fedora.

I don;t know about that. I have never had trouble with Fedora
installs from 1 to 14, except when my HW was very new (iwl4965)
about two years ago. I have had some minor trouble with ubuntu. Fedora
is a leading-edge distribution and you get what you bargain for.

> You can also use Ubuntu 10.10 which I am currently using.
>
> If you want to get fedora to install download the live USB Creator and install from a stick. Then yum update to get current.

This (update to get current) is true even for a network install
(unfortunately), even though it does not need to be.

Really, with regard to distributions, to each his/her own. My wife
prefers and uses Ubuntu: I have stuck with Fedora.

Ranjan