Re: Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

On 02/03/2011 10:36 PM, les wrote:
<>

> Interesting that these pages never came up when I was searching for
> preferences stuff using google.

hello les,

could be you need to start using google advance search;

   http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&num=100

above link will set up for english and 100 hits per page.

if you want another language and less hits, use;

   http://www.google.com/advanced_search

and select your own setup.

using 1st link above, with 'preference' in "all these words:" and
'kb.mozillazine.org' in "Search within a site or domain:", results are;

http://www.google.com/search?q=preference+site%3Akb.mozillazine.org&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

with 987 hits.

using 'prefs.js' in "all these words:" and 'kb.mozillazine.org' in
"Search within a site or domain:", results are;

http://www.google.com/search?q=prefs.js+site%3Akb.mozillazine.org&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

with 317 hits, and "kb.mozillazine.org/Prefs.js_file" is 1st hit.

if you want to search for 'linux' specifically, use;

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&output=linux&restrict=linux&num=100

which restricts search to 'linux' and speeds up search.

> The user.js file should be mentioned somewhere on the about:config page I
<>
> come from?  I will have to see if I can find the source of the user.js
> file.  Maybe a new round of Google will help.

using 'user.js' in "all these words:" and 'kb.mozillazine.org' in
"Search within a site or domain:", results are;

http://www.google.com/search?q=User.js+site%3Akb.mozillazine.org&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

with 248 hits, and "kb.mozillazine.org/User.js_file" is 1st hit.

<>
> I have had a really bad month from mid Dec to mid Jan with all kinds of
<>
> and DVD player.)  If I have seemed a bit scrambled, it is because the
> electronic gods are blowing my fuses.

could be you have a fuse in in reverse. instead of blowing, it sucks.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.