Re: Recommendations: Simple Audio Recorder

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 19:17 -0800, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Looking for a simple audio recorder with built-in playback for foreign
> language practice.  Commandline type okay.  Will be using a Skype-type
> headset with integrated microphone--two separate plugs.  Have found
> many audio recording studio programs, but don't need all that
> sophistication.  Tried a couple, anyway, but neither recognized the
> mike.  And, of course, recorded only silence.

Well, for simple GUI operation, there's gnome-sound-recorder (if it
still exists for current releases of Fedora).  Though I use audacity if
I want to record anything.

You may need to play with the sound mixer, or multimedia preferences, to
set up the input that will be recorded.  Some sound recorders have their
own input selectors, others just record what an outside setting
dictates.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686