Things are getting really messed up on Fedora 14

Hi, guys,
	First it was evolution, and some poor slowdowns with other things, now
it is firefox, where I cannot set the home page.  I have tried using
edit>preferences and typing it in, selecting the page I want and
selecting edit>preferences and selecting use current page, and I hav
tried dragging the token to the home button.  None of these methods
work.  What on earth do we have to do now to set preferences?  Is the
history really being erased?  Are our systems doing strange stuff?  or
is it just my system?  By the way the problem of not saving the
separator position in evolution has come back as well.

	Are Microsoft engineers "helping" us with our applications now?

Regards,
Les H