Re: Dual wireless access points and connection from f14?

On 01/31/2011 06:39 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Ed, can I ask for practical details?  Currently my router gives wifi coverage
> on the ground floor and first floor (and is little used, but desirable).  By
> the time the signal reaches my office in a stone building in the garden it is
> very weak.  I tried adding a second router with the wan omitted and hit the
> problem described in this thread.  I have removed that and now have a switch
> box without wifi in the office, but now my Internet tablet can't connect so I
> need wifi here again.
>
> Does the AP you recommend simply attach to the switch box?  Are there good
> instructions somewhere that deal with any special settings?  Any practical
> advice you can add?

I didn't want to directly come out and name the product in question.
Didn't want to appear as if I were advertising for them....  :-)

But, since you asked.  My Dad ending up getting this
http://www.ubnt.com/powerapn

The datasheet and guides are on their site.  I think he paid just over
$100/US for the unit.

He is quite happy with it.  And since, I thought, we were talking about
a unit for single household use I thought I'd mention his experience.

There really isn't that much more I can add.  I didn't do the setup for
him myself since he lives about 6K miles away.

--
"If we wanted more leisure, we'd invent machines that do things less
efficiently." -Calvin's dad 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段