Re: Dual wireless access points and connection from f14?

On 01/30/2011 03:10 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/30/2011 11:49 AM, mike cloaked wrote:
>> I don't know if the design of NetworkManager ever considered this
>> scenario and whether any developer ever put in place code to hook up
>> to a valid strong signal even if a previously valid signal (which is
>> currently weaker) still exists - but it seems to me that the decision
>> logic in NetworkManager is both perverse and flawed?
>
> I'm guessing that it's never occurred to the devs that somebody might
> set things up like that.  You might want to put this on Bugzilla as a
> feature request because I doubt that most people would consider it to be
> a bug.

 If behavior is as described then its a bug - that's precisely how ALL
access points are set up for any case where there is more than a single
AP on same SSID .. i.e. every commercial, office, hotel, campus, airport
etc wifi is done exactly that way ... many personal setups use multiple
AP's as well on same SSID - its the correct way to do it.

 gene