Re: Skype - No sound from microphone

On 30/01/2011 07:52 μμ, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

>  What devices are selected, and what are available for the microphone,
>  speakers and ringing options?

Well after thinking of it , i think that here is the problem .
Skype only gives me the option of PulseAudio server , so
i have it for microphone , speakers and ringing options ..

>  Also, try to use some audio editing app like audacity to record your
>  voice. This just checks whether the problem lies with skype or with
>  your system.

Using audacity for example . At first i could here no sound . But then
when i went to preferences and chose the usb camera , things worked
correctly . So i guess we can assume that the system itself is aware
of the microphone on the camera .

> > From what you are saying, everything appears to be in order, except
> > for > microphone. Some other things to verify:
>
>  - is that the only microphone you have?

The only microphone connected . There is a microphone input on my
built-in sound card but there is nothing connected to it.

 >- is that the one selected as a default recording device in pavucontrol? -

Pavucontrol ?

Am not sure about what u mean with pavucontrol , so i would have to
improvise . The closest thing to that would be the PulseAudio Volume
Control . Am unaware on how u select the default recording device
but i have muted everything else , so i guess that will make it
pretty much the default device .

>  is it muted?

Nope , it´s not muted . It was never so . I just muted everything else .

- did you try to logout/login into skype (sometimes it helps)?

Yes many . The problem is persistent . It survives even a machine reboot.

>- did you try to turn on/off skype's option "allow skype to
automatically adjust my
>  mixer levels"?

Yes without luck either .