Re: Is this happening to anyone else in evolution.-SOLVED

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 17:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:06 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 10:42 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > Periodically expunge does not work on some or all my folders when using
> > > evolution. Currently I can't expunge any deleted messages from Inbox or
> > > Junk. Expunge works on other folders which I created,
> > >
> > > In the past this condition went away after a while.
> > >
> > > Does this happen to anyone else and do you know how too correct this
> > > condition? I know I can go on the evolution list but first I want too
> > > know if I am alone with this problem.
> > Never mind. Google came to the rescue and I solved the problem.
>
> Care to expand on that? How did you solve the problem? If it's a genuine
> problem with Evo perhaps you should report it.
>
> poc

Well what I found had to be updated for F14.
But the problem is that the indices for the folder gets screwed up. It
is a file with a name like: Inbox.ibex.index. It is not really a bug per
se.

So:
1.Run evolution
2. Stop evolution completely by running: evolution --force-shutdown
3. Erase: ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ibex.index
	Note: in previous versions of Fedora Core this file was in a different
place. This will fix Inbox and Junk but different files would be erased
for different folders (i.e, nhl.ibex.index, users.ibex.index. etc.)
4. Then restart evolution. The indices will be recreated and hopefully
the expunge problem will be gone.