Re: korganizer crash

On Thursday 27 January 2011 17:45:39 Walter Cazzola wrote:
> Dear all,
> today after an attempt of adding a new calendar korganizer has crashed
> and from that moment on it is impossible to access to the GUI and to my
> data. Doesn't a matter if I launch it from the tray, from the
> commandline or from the menu.
>
> When I try to launch it I get the following message:
>    >korganizer
>    >KCrash: Application 'korganizer' crashing...
>
>    KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/kde4/drkonqi from kdeinit
>    sock_file=/home/cazzola/.kde/socket-surtur/kdeinit4__0
>
> and the KDE crash handler starts but no way to send a track bug (the
> crash handler itself crashes).
>
> I've tried to cancel the sockets files, the configuration files and to
> clear the cache but without success.
>
> korganizer has always worked (up to this morning) and contains all my
> appointments and I'd like to have it working again.

I've not had this problem in korganizer, but I have seen it with other kontact
modules.  I find that the best thing is to killall kontact and wait a few
seconds, after which everything works again.  I assume that something that
should have shut down is still open, and this seems to find it.

Alternatively, it usually works if you open system monitor (Ctrl-Esc) and put
korganizer into the search bar.  You'll probably find a slave hanging around,
and if you can kill it there that should clear things.

Anne