Re: LibreOffice on Fedora

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Generally, the GPL does not mandate giving anyone credit, in some particular
> form or fashion.

I wasn´t thinking of the legal angle. I was thinking about public
discourse of portraying Oracle as some sort of enemies of open source,
and "independent" (while backed by other corporations) as pure and
honest. This patina of "a struggle between freedom loving programmers
vs evil corporations" that permeates many comments about Libre-vs-OO.o
-despite ignoring the fact that that same corporation is puting lots
of man hours = money into advancing FOSS projects- is what sickens me,
and makes me inmediately want to side with the guys who imho have all
the right to shape the future of their project as they see fit, just
as Mozilla does to Firefox´ future or Novell has to the FOSS projects
they started.

I´m not even questioning the fork, I´m questioning the shady arguments and BS.
Novell and others saying " we´re forking because we disagree on the
direction the project should take, and want to control it differently
" would have been much more honest.

Just my $0.02
FC