Re: LibreOffice on Fedora

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:50:12 -0300,
  Fernando Cassia <fcassia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 01/26/2011 08:52 PM, Jim wrote:
> >> Does any one know when LibreOffice will be released to the Fedora repo's.
> >> Fedora 14 or Fedora 15 ?
> >
> > It has been in the Rawhide repo for several weeks already.  Won't be
> > released for Fedora 14
>
> While we´re at it, what kind of democratic process is in place so we
> Fedora users can vote on if we like to keep OpenOffice.org as an
> option, in addition to "Libre"?.

Things don't work like that. Normally you'd volunteer to maintain the
openoffice.org package in Fedora. However that package is so large that
there might special consideration. But until someone decides that it is
worth their time to do the work maintaining openoffice.org it isn't going
to happen.

There is also a trademark issue with openoffice.org that may limit which
media it would end up on. probably it wouldn't be in any of the official
media due to this and size.