Re: SELinux

On 20/01/2011 11:36 πμ, Tim wrote:
>  On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 04:23 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> > Additionally, I note that quite a bit of the bandwidth on the
> > Fedora and CentOS echoes relate to SELinux making ordinary people
> > doing ordinary things difficult.
>
>  I really don't know why people have such grand problems with it.

I could think of a million reasons . For example , let´s just say that
they don´t have an idea about what mandatory access control is and
how to live with it .

>  I don't. Not even when I run various servers.

Well that could be your problem Tim . As you say , u run SERVERS . Servers
are supposed to do very specific things and not every day stuff.

>I strongly suspect it's because they're doing daft things with their
computer, in the
>  first place, then following bad advice to resolve it.

Well that´s the issue . I can´t really understand why i can´t do any
stupid thing
with the computer i have payed for . I payed for the computer and not the
SELinux development it , an agency , a corporation or whatever else . I
just
want to open my computer and do my stupid things and if i mess things up
, then
so i did . It would be my mess and i would be really happy to clean it .
After all
it is my mess and am paying for it ( well the paying part am doing
either way ) .