Re: dmcrypt-luks version

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:30:15 +0000
> mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I note that cryptsetup-luks version 1.2.0 has builds for rawhide at
>> the moment, but for f14 the current version (and koji builds) are
>> version 1.1.3 only.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is a chance that 1.2.0 will be built for f14
>> before f15 is released?
>
> You could file a RFE bug and see what the maintainer says?
>
> I guess it depends on if the jump from 1.1.3 -> 1.2.0 changes interface
> or otherwise is something that wouldn't be good for a stable release.

OK I will read a bit - seems the changes are listed at
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/Cryptsetup120

"libcryptsetup is binary compatible with 1.1.x release and still
supports legacy API calls
cryptsetup binary now uses only new API calls."

Not sure if this means it is fully back compatible or not!

--
mike c