Re: mp3 libraries for f14

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 02:45:25 am Kam Leo wrote:
> If you need the mp3 plugin for gstreamer get it from here:
> http://www.fluendo.com/shop/product/fluendo-mp3-decoder/

Let me second this.  Fluendo has produced 'legal in the US' decoders for a number of codecs, including MP3, that have been properly licensed with the appropriate patent holder.  The MP3 decoder is free; the codec bundle (which I have) is not, but it's well worth the price.  A DVD player is also one of the items Fluendo has produced that has all the licenses necessary for legal DVD playback in the US.

Some folks might actually need to pass a license audit with their Fedora; Fluendo's stuff will help you do that, whereas blindly installing the codecs from the 'freeworld' packages, or the gstreamer codecs available in several places, or the CSS decscrambling library available, will not pass a thorough license audit.