Fedora 13 -> Fedora 14 stalled and failed on 64 bit upgrade

Greetings,

This afternoon, I was upgrading both my i386 laptop and my 64bit desktop
to F14 from F13.

The laptop upgrade completed correctly; the 64bit one stalled midway with
the screen freezing. I tried to subsequent upgrades but the process
stalled and failed each time w/ the screen freezing.

I can boot the 64bit machine; I get the following output from uname -a
root@brill /var/lib/rpm> uname -a
Linux brill 2.6.34.7-66.fc13.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 15 07:04:30 UTC 2010
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I get these sort of responses from running a simple rpm -q

root@brill /var/lib/rpm> rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.6.34.7-61.fc13.x86_64
kernel-2.6.34.7-63.fc13.x86_64
kernel-2.6.34.7-66.fc13.x86_64

root@brill /var/lib/rpm> rpm -q xterm
xterm-261-2.fc13.x86_64
xterm-261-2.fc14.x86_64

I've begun trying a network upgrade, but that seems to be buggy, with a
stream of messages indicating that any fc14 package is set to be erased
and any fc13 package installed is set to be downgraded.

Rather, than proceeding on my own w/ information from my google searches,
I think that it would be better for me to ask advice from this list.

So, any advice on how to resolve this situation so that the FC13->FC14
upgrade is correctly completed?

Much thanks to all for your help.

Max Pyziur
pyz@xxxxxxxxx