Re: fedora build of firefox may be buggy

g wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 08:39 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> I have a javascript application that dynamically modifies an html page.
>> Whenever the page is saved (File->Save Page As) the original,
>> unmodified page is saved.
>
> before you file a bug, consider checking repos for a later version.
>
> also, when you save a page, do not use default location, click on
> "Browse for other folders" and note dropdown selection just above
> [save] and [cancel] buttons.
>
> selecting "Web Page, complete" will save web page and give you a
> directory of same name as page with an extension of "_files".
> saved web page will look same as actual web page.
>
> i have never used "All Files", so i do not know what that will do.

Thanks g, what a great tip.

I tried all four of the file saving categories (Web Page, Complete; Web
Page, HTML Only; Text Files; All Files) and *only* "Web Page, Complete"
saved the modified copy.

Although saving modified pages is possible once one learns about the
"Web Page, Complete" option it does behave differently than all the
others and it's not at all intuitive (imho).

Having an option to save a document and its associated files is a good
thing.  No idea what the difference between the other three options are.

 From my perspective it would be nice to be able to snapshot states of a
web page as it changes without having to pull in all of its related
files on each save.  There is also the consideration that the exception
to conventional usage does require special documentation to advise users
how to "work around" the contravention.  "Do it this way unless..." is
always a built in disaster.

:m)