Re: ftp download.fedora.redhat.com: 500 OOPS: failed to open xferlog log file:/var/log/nfs/ftp/xferlog.fedora

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>> Isn't possible open ftp connection to fedora server, can anyone
>> repair this?
>
> I'm not sure it's intended to work, honestly.  Why is it that you want
> to use ftp to download.fedora.redhat.com?
>
> It's much preferable to use mirrors.fedoraproject.org instead and
> spread the load to a mirror.  Many mirrors also offer rsync.

I not use it for huge downloads, but rather occasionally when our national mirrors are incomplete or when I'm in window when local mirrors still isn't complete and need some interesting package from main repo. Or only see, which packages are new, as it seem as lately all packages to update repo go strictly from testing repo.

Otherwise I use local Fedora mirrors, of course, they gave faster access.

Franta Hanzlik