Re: no sound in FC 14

On 01/14/2011 10:03 AM, CAPT Dave Giurintano, USPHS-retired wrote:
>> > First. What are you doing, what is your setup?
>> > Are you trying to make the sound go through HDMI to the TV, through
>> SPDIF to
>> > an external amplifier/home theater, or just an amplifier with Line In
>> > inputs.
>> >
>> > It does mather...
>> >
>> > JP

> I was not clear enough. No sound when running movie player or you tube
> videos. My kernel is
>
> Linux 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.i686. When I run the pulse audio volume control
> with a wmv file running in movie player the sound level moves but no
> sound is coming out of the speakers.Thanks.

You need to verify that the speakers are connected to the speaker output
of your sound card.  If there are multiple speaker outputs (e.g. a front
panel one and a rear panel one), one of them is usually intended for
headphones (usually the front panel one).  There are settings in Pulse
for switching between the headphone and speaker output.  You should try
those.  It's bitten me before.