Re: Spamassassin behaving strangely

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 17:06 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > If you're interested in spam filtering for email clients (rather
> than
> > servers) you may find Bogofilter easier to handle. I find it works
> very
> > well with Evolution.
> >
> > poc
> >

> I find Spamassassin also works well with Evolution and very little
> hassle if you understand the file user_prefs and install the
> evolution-spamassassin plugin.

That may be true now. It didn't used to be true several versions of Evo
ago. One problem was that after a few sessions of Evo I'd find multiple
copies of spamd hanging around. That's why I installed Bogofilter, which
doesn't try to act as a daemon.

My mail service runs SA and it's very effective as it integrates well
with Postfix. There's no reason you can't run it for your MUA, it's just
that IMHO BF is simpler to administer.

poc