Re: Spamassassin behaving strangely

On 01/13/2011 06:01 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/13/2011 02:55 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> You still didn't mention if you have control of your MDA or if
>> Thunderbird is POPing or IMAPin email from elsewhere....
>
> POP3.

You could try using fetchmail to POP your email to a local store
(fetchmail will inject it into a local sendmail for local delivery),
then you could easily hook in SpamAssassin where you want it.
(Configuring a local sendmail server just for your POP3 email doesn't
sound very KISS tho.)

After your last reply, I went to look at Thunderbird AddOns.  While I
didn't see one specifically for SpamAssassin, there are a couple of
AddOns to supplement/replace Thunderbird's own Bayesian filters (one of
them claims to be better than SpamAssssin, but that may just be a
marketing ploy).  If so, it might be possible to hook into Spamssassin
somehow.  How?  I don't know.  I'll leave that for someone who's worked
with Thunderbird's AddOns before....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxxxxxx