Re: F14 install onto portable HD

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 08:37:03PM -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 20:34 -0500, fred smith wrote:
> >
> > How can I get Anaconda to put the boot loader on the boot sector of
> > /dev/sdc  ???
>
> Fred,
>
> The contents of /boot/grub/device.map are used by grub-install to
> determine which target drives are available. Most of the time it
> contains only:
>
> (hd0)	/dev/sda
>
> That's a tab between the two elements. If you add a second line
> containing the info for your removable hard drive:
>
> (hd2)	/dev/sdc
>
> then you should be able to run
>
> # grub-install [other_options] '(hd2)'
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

Doc:

Thanks for the info.

as usually happens, about 5 minutes after posting (which came after
several hours of head-banging) I tripped over the way (or at least A
way) to make Anaconda do it, so I'm now all set.

Thanks for the reply, though!

> --

---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."