Re: gnote vs Tomboy

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have heard that argument before. The fwaact is currently tomcat is
> actively being developed and gnote is not. Rahul assurews us that
> sinchronation is in gnotes future and he inmplies that Snowy might work
> with gnotewws . We will have to wait and see. We are actively running
> three computers at our house and I believe that synchronizing the
> databases on these three machines will  be useful. In that I disagree
> with Rahul's opinion that it is not that important.

I don't see Rahul saying its not that important.  But you can't demand
that someone do something (for free) because you think its more
important.

Just install tomboy.  yum install tomboy.  Open it up.  If you can't
tell which one is tomboy and which one is gnote, tomboy is the one
that doesn't have any of your gnote information in it.  Copy over your
notes by hand.  Its a one time thing.  Then remove gnote.

Tell Rahul thanks for the work he put into gnote.  I'm glad he put the
time in to make mono optional on Fedora desktops, and obviously you've
gotten some use out of it too, even if you're going to go to tomboy.

And get the w key on your keyboard fixed.