Re: Partition changes while install F14

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM,  <sdawalt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    I was hoping to use anaconda's GUI interface to repartition my
> hard drive while installing F14, but I ran into a problem with
> anaconda's custom layout option.  (I currently have F9 installed.)
> After I resize the partition then re-edit the partition and choose the
> Format option, anaconda tends to forget the size I entered and resets
> it to the original size.  After playing with this a while, I chose to
> continue with installation .  This caused anaconda to throw an
> exception having to do with partition information.
>
>    I can use a character-based partitioning tool, but it's been years
> since I've used one.  Is there one that is preferred?

Another option would be to boot system rescue cd[1] or a gparted live
cd[2] and use gparted to get everything how you like it before you
boot the install disk. Keep in mind parted doesn't know how to deal
with LVM so just create a partition or keep free space available for
anaconda to do the LVM part.

Richard

[1] http://sysresccd.org/Main_Page
[2] http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php