Re: NetworkManager won't become "active"

Quoting Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I just rebooted my FC14 x86_64 desktop, and there's no networking. I
> have a bridge set up with eth0, and despite my best efforts, can't get
> eth0 to be "active" in "Network Device Control". The activate/deactive
> buttons are greyed out.
>
> At one point I was able to click Activate, but even then it wouldn't
> actually activate it. For now, I've just run "ifup br0" and it
> successfully acquired a DHCP address.

etc...

Alex,

I had this problem recently after updates to F14 and lost sleep over
it until I discovered that for some reason network manager wasn't
starting automatically. I still don't know why but as root try
"service NetworkManager restart" and see if this enables you to
activate the eth0 (note the capitalization in the service name)

Dave