Re: Printing directly on DVD

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Alan Evans <ame.fedora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anybody know how to print directly onto printable DVD media? I
have a HP printer with a tray specifically for holding the media. I've
tried everything I can think to actually print onto the disk.

I've tried various-sized images in GIMP. The closest that I've come is
having the printer complain that the "disk doesn't match the size
selected." I don't see any way select a different size.

I looked at glabels, but it seems very oriented toward printing onto
labels and covers, with no templates for printing directly onto the
DVD that I can find.

I'm sure that *somebody* has done this. What's the secret?

-Alan

I have an Epson printer, not an HP. To print on a CD without using their Windows "Print CD" application the user has to center the CD image at specified x-y offsets on an A4 sized paper. By the way, when printing the paper source still has to be the CD tray. Check with HP or do search for your particular printer.