Re: Yum not updating packages to latest version

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:35:32 -0600, Patrick wrote:

> Suddenly yum update now updates bacula to bacula-5.0.3-2 for F13 a but
> it is not yet working for F14
>
> On 01/06/2011 03:38 PM, Patrick McEvoy wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have noticed that there are packages in fedora-updates which are not
> > being updated on my machine when I run yum update.  I have the updates
> > repo enabled and I disabled yum-priority and yum-protectbase.  I have
> > don a yum clean all and when I run yum update it downloads the
> > updates/primary_db.  As an example I have bacula-5.0.2 installed on my
> > machine.  I see in
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/13/x86_64/
> > that the bacula version is bacula-5.0.3-2 with a date of 10-Dec-2010.
> > Am I missing something or am I not getting all of the updates I should
> > be?  Maybe the mirror being used is not updating properly.  Is there a
> > way to set a specific mirror or specify
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/13/x86_64/ on
> > a yum update?

Notice that the request to push the update packages to the stable repo
has been submitted just yesterday. It is normal that it takes some time
for the mirrors to sync. Don't judge based on download.fedora.redhat.com

bodhi - 2011-01-06 19:28:25
This update has been pushed to stable

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/bacula-5.0.3-2.fc13
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/bacula-5.0.3-2.fc14