Re: Viewing apple.com trailers

Hi,

>> It's just gecko-mediaplayer.  The file contains both the player and the
>> plugin.
>>
>> Also, you should uninstall Totem completely, since gecko-mediaplayer does
>> everything it does and does it better.  I've never had good results with

Okay, the apple.com trailers are working properly now, but after
removing totem, totem-nautilus and totem-mozplugin, there appears to
be some functionality missing from firefox.

For example, gmail starts in "basic HTML" mode, like it doesn't have
support for more advanced javascript functionality, perhaps?

Did I uninstall a package that I should have?

Thanks,
Alex