Re: Kororaa Lite beta released

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 09:58:21 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> Oh, really? What link are you downloading from? I just tried grabbing it
> from the download links on kororaa.org and it is working for me, on both
> ISO images. Perhaps tell SourceForge to try a different mirror?
> Bittorrent is working too.

	Maybe it was me; I tried both kororaa.org and sourceforge, two or
three times each. Part may also be the machine I wanted to (and
eventually did) try it on.

	I got a copy of the LiveCD that booted. Hoo boy!, I see now why
there was so much talk about the new KDE. Good goddlemityDAM!

	I guess I'm electronically dependent on Gnome -- NB *without*
compiz nor any other such -- and had better wait for Kororaa to be ported.

	I fought KDE for most of an hour, just trying to get used to it
and find straight up, or at least a hole in the ground to tell me ...

	The old KDE merely rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. This
one, alas!, to me is not just Stefan George's barbed wire against the
uninitiated ("Stacheldraht wider Unberufene"), but great bodacious
hulking coils of razor wire.

	Please be sure to announce here when a Gnome version is released
-- *especially if there's any change in the name!