Re: ipv6 question

On 01/02/2011 06:11 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 06:08 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Genes MailLists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  There was some earlier discussion (mainly about NAT being now
>>> irrelevant in the face of ipv6).
>>>
>>>  Question for you experts:
>>>
>>>   How does one manage your internal ip6 network so that an ISP change
>>> (which under NAT/ipv4 is irrelevant) - is straightforward/clean to manage ?

 RFC 4192 does not give me great comfort for what its worth - tho this
was written 5 years ago or so ... maybe something improved since then ?

  "This document addresses the key procedural issues in renumbering an
   IPv6 [RFC2460] network without a "flag day".  The procedure is
   straightforward to describe, but operationally can be difficult to
   automate or execute due to issues of statically configured network
   state, which one might aptly describe as "an infinity of petty
   circumstances"."

 This issue must have a simple solution surely noone would design a
spanking new world and then make it hard for a not uncommon situation
(new isp) ?

  Perhaps we can all get permanent ip6 addresses and all ISP's will
route to any address ... maybe ?