Re: ergonomic typing enforcement

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Saturday 01 January 2011 21:12:35 David L wrote:
>>  Is there a
>> way to make such key combinations simply not work in fedora?  For example,
>> can I make it so left control plus [asdfzxcvbqwert] does nothing?

<snip>
> So no, you cannot do that. The way X behaves, either both modifier keys will
> work, or neither.
OK, thanks.

> Btw, why is it considered bad practice to type both the letter and the modifier
> with the same hand?
I'm not really sure, but I read it and it kind of makes sense.  If you can
avoid a slightly awkward hand position by using two hands instead of one,
I could see that would probably help.

> I do it on a regular basis (my little fingers being very
> near the shift modifiers most of the time...), and am not aware of any
> functional problems with that.
I do it all the time too, but my wrists are starting to hurt in my old age,
so I want to try something different.  Of course I can try it without having
the operating system enforce it, but old habits die hard.

Here is one web site that talks about typing ergonomics:

http://xahlee.org/emacs/swap_CapsLock_Ctrl.html

Thanks,

         David