RE: Fedora 14 and Nvidia 460 Fermi

From: Chris Kloiber [mailto:ckloiber@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:03 PM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Cc: Michael Miles
Subject: Re: Fedora 14 and Nvidia 460 Fermi

Is that using rpmfusion packages, or nVidia's blob installer? The company I work for offers CUDA servers now, and they seem to be running the same nvidia driver version I use on my desktop (without CUDA, obviously). It seems the CUDA libraries aren't packaged by rpmfusion, but may get installed by the blob installer. I would try the nVidia installer from their website, and if that works compare the libraries installed to the rpmfusion packages. Find the differences and bug rpmfusion packagers to package the extra libraries if possible, perhaps as a separate "nvidia-cuda" package?

Hope that helps.