Re: Kororaa is back, as Fedora Remix (KDE)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 08:19:18 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:04 AM, I Beartooth <beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>   [....] nor could I code my way out of a paper bag; but
>>        your
>> "about" page sounds like something I'm looking for. So I'll at least
>> send you some subtechnoid feedback -- once I get it to boot.
>
> That would be great :-)
>

>>        Any hope of a Gnome version?? I'm trying to get her the
>>        flattest
>> learning curve out there, and KDE is anything but, for those as
>> hardened in Gnome as we are. (I use Konqueror and K3b, both seldom, and
>> nothing else I can think of.)
>
> Awww.. don't be so hard on poor ol' KDE ;-) I don't want to step on
> anyone's toes and Rahul makes a GNOME remix version which might suit
> (http://omega.dgplug.org/), or perhaps Fusion (http://fusionlinux.org/)?

	Sorry! I didn't mean to diss KDE -- I don't require anyone else
to agree with me -- but only to say we have a dozen years' worth of head
start on Gnome that we'd lose going to KDE.

	I'm running Omega on my EeePC 701, and have been since 14 came
out; all honor and thanks to Rahul!

	I will also take a look at Fusion. Thanks!